Sophie Hebdidge: Build-an-AI-Bot Workshop
You’ve heard news about Facebook and Microsoft creating Artificial Intelligence “bots” that allow customers to interact with organizations without requiring human interaction. And the latest Gartner Symposium/ITxpo predicted that by 2020, autonomous software agents outside of human control will participate in five percent of all economic transactions. In this session, attendees will get hands on and create their own bot, and understand possibilities that a bot can open to the organization.
- What is a bot? How do bots work? We will demystify the concepts that make a bot function behind the scenes
- Showcase of existing bots: the good, the bad and the ugly, including problems bots are currently facing as well as the power they can give to individuals and organizations
- Hands on: Create & showcase your own web-based bot
- Understand the power your bots could bring to business.
- Learn how bots can aid in storytelling
Sophie Hebdidge is a product developer for Decoded, based in New York. She creates and delivers interactive experiences centered around technology and is primarily interested in bots, data, and the stories they can tell. She studied computer science and mathematics at the University of Bath in England and is passionate about inspiring more women to take on STEM-based studies and jobs.
- This workshop is 45 minutes long during lunch on Thursday, November 10.
- Requirements: Mobile phone. Limited to 20.
- Register for the event first, then sign up here to reserve your spot in this specific session: https://goo.gl/JeH7rf